Thread: Shockwarehouse Reviews?

Shockwarehouse Reviews?

I've read some bad reviews about shockwarehouse, like the ones here. And I read that whole thread it seems like it wasn't you guys's fault, and some of the people on that forum are just jerks while others came to your defense pretty quickly, but I really don't want to get in a situation where my shocks aren't coming and I'm sitting waiting for them. I'm not dumb enough to tear my car apart before I'm sure I have what I need to put it back together but I still want my parts quickly. How can I tell if my parts are in stock? Why isn't there some sort of notification about backorders?

If you let us know what part number you are looking to order or what vehicle you are looking to get shocks for we can check and see if they are in stock. If they are not in stock we will be more then happy to tell you the date Bilstein says they will be back in stock. The problem with back orders is we are at Bilstein mercy. We get a date from them and let our customers know. Then Bilstein could keep pushing it back and it is completely out of our control. We have a system that sends out and email every saturday to update our customers on back order dates. Some customers use the wrong email address or the email gets caught in there spam folder. We try to keep everyone up to date and informed on everything. We are the number 1 Bilstein dealer in the country if they have it in stock we have it in stock ready to ship.
    Last edited by nick@shock; 12-03-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Kbillings, Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

The Titan guys are great for the most part, but some of them are really awful. That situation in particular was really tough because the parts in question are some of the most popular Bilstein makes and the backorder problems went on for well over a year. Bilstein hasn't completely solved their production problems,. but they've made great steps and we no longer have the problems from a few years ago where we had hundreds of parts on backorder for several months at a time.

The best thing to do to make sure your parts are available is to just call us at 800-245-7469. It's free, we're friendly (depending on the time of day, some of us need a few coffees before our personalities come out), and we're always happy to let you know availability on parts - that way you aren't surprised if it takes a week.

We have several THOUSAND different SKUs that come through our warehouse all the time. Some are in stock all the time while others will come through maybe once every year or two. Because of that it's impossible to keep an accurate list of what's in stock. We have hundreds of parts right now that aren't in stock but are on stock orders headed to us. Even more are available within a day from our manufacturers. That means lots of parts would show as not in stock but would still ship today or tomorrow, so you can see why we don't keep a constantly updating inventory list on our site.

We did learn from the Bilstein backorder issues of a couple years ago. If a part you order is on backorder, we will contact you directly and send you emails every week with availability information. it takes a lot of our time but it does keep the customers informed. If you do have backordered parts, please keep in mind that the dates can change suddenly. Parts we thought were months away show up on stock orders unexpectedly and unfortunately some parts do come in after their original expected ship date. You can also see all of the current Bilstein backorders here: http://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/b...-backorder.cfm
    Last edited by ross; 12-03-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nick@shock View Post
    If you let us know what part number you are looking to order or what vehicle you are looking to get shocks for we can check and see if they are in stock. If they are not in stock we will be more then happy to tell you the date Bilstein says they will be back in stock. The problem with back orders is we are at Bilstein mercy. We get a date from them and let our customers know. Then Bilstein could keep pushing it back and it is completely out of our control. We have a system that sends out and email every saturday to update our customers on back order dates. Some customers use the wrong email address or the email gets caught in there spam folder. We try to keep everyone up to date and informed on everything. We are the number 1 Bilstein dealer in the country if they have it in stock we have it in stock ready to ship.
    This is just not right. I purchased shocks on 1/9 and have not received them. My order shows "processed" when I check on it. I have sent two emails with no response---the first one a week ago and the second one yesterday. I have no problems with my emails and I am seeing that the internet is covered up with complaints on your service.

Mr Tankersly, I'm very sorry for the delay, the Corvette shocks you ordered have been on nationwide backorder since the end of December and we expect to have them in stock and ready to ship at the beginning of next week. Unfortunately we are at the whim of the manufacturers when there is a backorder situation and we can only ship once they finish with production. All we can do in these cases is keep our customers aware of the backorder situation and give estimates on when the parts will be back in stock, which we attempted to do in this case.

We did send three emails to ptankers@bellsouth.net updating you of the situation with your order, I apologize if those did not get through to you, many email services employ overly aggressive spam filters and our automatically generated emails sometimes get caught in them. If that isn't your correct email, please let us know so that our future communications can get to you, including your tracking number for that shipment. We did receive one email from you over the weekend and I apologize that it wasn't responded to as quickly as it should have been. We have had a couple people out this week in customer service so we have unfortunately fallen behind by a couple days.

You can email us directly at ross@shockwarehouse.com or carlos@shockwarehouse.com (office manager) if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by patank View Post
    This is just not right. I purchased shocks on 1/9 and have not received them. My order shows "processed" when I check on it. I have sent two emails with no response---the first one a week ago and the second one yesterday. I have no problems with my emails and I am seeing that the internet is covered up with complaints on your service.
    Last edited by ross; 01-24-2014 at 09:28 AM.